She likes the color

I was at the botanical gardens and was able to get at a different angle and closer to it. The bee spent quite a bit of time here but in with her rear pointing at me. She did turn shortly when I took this photo image. Today was the warmest day we had here in a while at 68 degrees.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I wasn’t sure if I should have backed up some. She was the subject as well as the nice blue color of the flower.

Technical Details

R7 RF 100-400 w/1.4x 454mm 1/500 ISO 1600 f/16 This is not cropped at all. I used Photo AI for noise only and did a contrast curve adjustment on the bee. Hazy sunlight

2 Likes

Dean, another fine shot of a bee for your project. I like how you included most of the and the position of it. Nice details in the bee for sure. I like the color of that blue center too! For me, your position to the flower and the bee are good, I wouldn’t have backed up any. I might could see some of the brighter areas in the green BG darked a bit just to hold all attention to the bee and the flower. I have sit here and debated of cropping in more especially from the bottom and right side to move the bee off center a bit more, but I like having most of the flower in the image. Just a nice pleasing shot in my opinion.

Wonderful detail in the bee, Dean. Also like how you have handled the whites in the flower, I can see just enough of the detail in the petals to enjoy with flower. The tipped angle of the flower creates some energy for me and I do like how you have cropped the scene. I am curious if you played at all with lighting the blue center just a tiny bit? I am glad to hear the bee did finally decide to pose for you. Such patience!

Thank you for the feedback, @Shirley_Freeman and @linda_mellor. I did lower the highlights just a little on the white part of the flower and darken just a bit on the blue because it was pretty bright. She did sit there long enough to position this frame as shot which was nice. I have found flowers like this, the bee is really focused on the pollen in the flower and sometimes just sits there.

2 Likes