Passing on this one

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The color of the flowers attracted me to this flower and the bees enjoyed them. This bee was coming to the flower but passed this one by. She landed on the one near this one.

Specific Feedback

I did some cropping to focus on the bee and flower she is passing by. I wanted to give her room to fly but not sure about the top, does it need more room.

Technical Details

r6mii rf100-500 at 500mm 1/2500 f/11 iso 1600

Oh, I love it, Dean! Wonderful details in the been and the flower. Perfect timing of the bee leaving to bloom. The motion of the bee’s wings is a nice touch. I think the placement of the flower and the bee are good. I think there’s enough room at the top for the flower, and the bee is going in the other direction. For me it works. I sure miss the flowers and the bees here. Looking forward to spring.

This is really nice, Dean. I’m not sure about the top either, but you could create a version with just a bit more room up there and toggle back and forth to figure out which you like best.

I don’t think you need more room given her trajectory. She’s got enough where she will go. I love the out of the blossom aspect of this. They are so busy and seemingly tireless, although they do nap on flowers quite a bit. Great detail in the bee and the flower - such fuzzy leaves and buds. It will be a long time until I see such a thing IRL so thanks for posting.

Dean: What Kristen said although I don’t have her winter handicap to deal with in balmy coastal Texas. A tiny bit more room up top would suit me a tiny bit but not enough to put a lot of effort into it. Well done. >=))>