Empty

An old image made in Ireland,Away from all the stress into emptiness.

What technical feedback would you like if any? All feedback is welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?All feedback is welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Nikon D810, 16=35 at 19mm, F8, 1/80, iso100,

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Real nice layering in color and textures, along with excellent depth and sense of vastness. Very nicely done.

Ben,

Vast most certainly, empty? Perhaps a feeling of emptiness might be invoked depending on the viewers perspective… but certainly there is much to enjoy here.

Me being the very nitpicky one… I’d shave about 5-10pixels off the left edge - OR clone, but there’s a brighter vertical of grass on the very lower left edge that pulls the eye. Not sure anyone would care or notice, so take with grain of salt.

A lovely, quiet and understand scene, beautifully captured and presented.

Lon

A nice layered composition. The road makes a good secondary point of focus. The foreground composition is pretty sophisticated in my opinion with the tufts of grass mixed in with the red blueberry bushes. It takes a bit of time to appreciate this image fully. It reminds me of the Alaskan tundra I saw. I tried to cool this image down to match it’s desolation but it didn’t come out better. A very fine image.

Wow, beautiful. Wonderful layers of vegetation, and the red in the foreground anchors the scene. It doesn’t seem so much empty, as uninhabited and austere. Really great mood.

@Harley_Goldman Thank you for your comment, Harley

@Lon_Overacker, nice comment, Lon.Nitpicky or not, I am learning a lot.

@Igor_Doncov, Thank you so much, Igor. For the time you spend to give this kind of thorough comments.

@Bonnie_Lampley, Thank you ,Bonnie for your nice comment.

1 Like

This has a wonderful feeling of loneliness Ben, and I like the ribbon of red. I’d reduce the vignetting slightly on the edges, but that’s about it from me.

1 Like