Enlightenment

Antarctica is without a doubt one of the most amazing places on earth. The vastness of this place is impossible to put into words, or pictures for that matter. One of the challenges in processing photos from this trip was to convey the moody, otherworldly light.

Specific Feedback Requested

As always, all feedback is welcomed!

Technical Details

1/800 sec, f/8, ISO500, 98mm

2 Likes

Wow, I think you captured the mood here quite well indeed. Wonderful scene.

1 Like

I like it!

If you were going for mood then you nailed it!

I would describe it as otherworldly, I like the heavy vignette especially so.

Wonderful, Fritz! I am sure Antarctica would qualify as one of the world’s great open spaces. I like the treatment of the water and sky here, as it really helps the bright white mountains stand out. Well done.

1 Like

This is a beautiful image! Excellent moody light and vignette! I would print this large and hang it on the wall.

1 Like

Thank you, David!

Thank you very much, Sarah! Yes, it certainly qualifies as “wide open spaces” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you; other-worldly indeed!

Thank you, Steve. This was a trip taken 8 years ago, and found this image while going through older images.

I agree with all that has been said, especially about the mood. But I just wonder if some more detail could be teased out of the peaks in the centre of the image. The “white hole” is certainly mysterious,and you could say it represents “enlightenment”, but I’d still find the shot more satisfying with some more detail where the eye is immediately attracted.

Thank you, Mike. I will try that; a little more detail there might actually work really well.