Eucalyptus

We pulled into a parking lot in Morro Bay (central California) several days ago and I jumped out to shoot a very colorful eucalyptus trunk, then I noticed this little gem. The sky was clear but light was filtering through the canopy. This is my favorite image from a run down the scenic/foggy/crowded CA coast.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Canon R5, 100-500 at 254, f/11. 1/400, ISO 800, handheld. Small tonal adjustments in LR and into PS for routine NR, hardly needed, and a slight vignette.

4 Likes

Excellent! I am really enjoying the composition and the 3D effect. Colors are superb. Eucalyptus bark is a great subject.

Beautiful colors and texture, and I like the frame that you have chosen. Very nice, no nits.

I love eucalyptus trees, @Diane_Miller. Being raised in San Francisco, we had a grove of them right across the street. Love the smell. . .still do. The is so much to admire here: how the soft lighting has enhanced the texture in the bark, how the portrait view works so well with the streaks from tree and the lovely soft colors. Truly nicely seen and captured. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

Diane, Iā€™m sorry I am late to the party. This is a real nice find and capture. I love the colors, lines and textures presented here.