Evening light on a pond

Its my own critical-mind that talks me out of posting, but the theme of cell phone shots leaves me thinking of a couple that I’d like to share. The evening light caught my eye on this little pond as we were leaving Yosemite. Usually, I first explore the possibilities with my phone and then take more with my camera. I felt my iPhone Xs captured the light spot on. This shot is straight from the phone with no edits except for a slight crop.
Any and all comments welcome.

#ig ynezslay

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

This is a very nice Yosemite image. I’m wondering if you intended this for the current weekly challenge? Either way, this works well. I’ve never seen this meadow flooded before. Thanks.

What a beautiful scene this is. One of those pictures that just makes you want to be there. Glad you posted it phone image or not. Quite beautiful and very inviting.

Thank you Igor. You are correct I meant this for the weekly challenge.

Thank you Nick. That’s exactly how I felt about it when I saw it on my phone.

Ynez: We are often our harshest critics and while that may be good it can also breed dissatisfaction. I think you did great here no matter the equipment. Wonderful scene superbly rendered. >=))>

1 Like

Thank you kindly Bill :ok_hand:

Ynez, when I lead a photo workshop, I always start out by saying, “It’s not the equipment that makes a fine photo, it the mind behind the equipment.” This is a lovely look at Yosemite. As you say, the lighting on the stream and meadow is very inviting. You’ve done a fine job of putting the viewer right there, enjoying the sights and sounds.

Thank you Mark. Appreciate your comment.
Cheers

This is a very sharp and well exposed cell phone photo, Ynez! Good dynamic range coverage and some nice light. Good choice of composition also. Pretty impressive for a cell phone!

1 Like