Exfoliate

Crepe Myrtles are pretty common in our neighborhood. I know nothing about them, but it’s interesting that some trunks/branches are more colorful than others.

7D2 100-400 II @170, on tripod, ISO 100 f/14 -1/3EV

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
2 Likes

That sure makes for a nice abstract photo, Bill. I love the bright color behind the bark.

This is lovely, Bill. The green and red are natural complements, and the peeling bark gives the whole frame a nice texture and symbol of change and renewal. I’m undecided about the knot in the upper left. It grabs my eye, but as a welcome surprise or a distraction? I’m not sure which. It will be interesting to see what others think. I would proudly display this on my wall. It’s just abstract enough to fit anywhere and just recognizable enough to satisfy the curious.

ML

Very nice, Bill. We don’t have many of them around here, but our native Madrone’s do similar things, without the fancy color. This is really cool. A fascinating abstract.

Like how you see beyond the obvious in this image. The textures and colors make a great abstract. Very pleasing image.

I’m late coming in here Bill, but this simply gorgeous, wonderful colors and texture. A beautiful abstract image, nicely done !!!