Faithful Heralds

Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/100 @ f16
This has been an abnormally mild winter even for us so a lot of our flowers are popping up early. Our paperwhites are usually the first blooms to show up but this year the snow drops beat them to the punch. Still I like to honor these faithful little guys with a post early in the year. All comments welcome. >=))>

2 Likes

A very nice look at these guys, Bill. Nice details and colors. I love the balance of to blooms and two buds. We have a few blooming trees coming out, so I am hoping our blooming pear will bloom in the next week or so, and the bees give me some good macro opportunities. I am ready to get out and shoot.

Crisp, sharp, colorful paper whites. Enjoying your presentation thoroughly. Thanks for posting them.

Really very nice Bill. I like the detail in the flowers, also the way the green stems come in at a diagonal drawing my eyes right to the center. Still waiting for spring here, this lovely photo gives me hope.

Beautiful image. Only one tiny nit: what appears to be a dust speck on left side of far right green stem.

1 Like

Wow, I was struck by how crisp the details are … and how beautifully the light was handled. Really nice!

Great job on this one, Bill. You handled the whites perfectly and the focus is right where it needs to be. Looks like spring came early for you folks.