Fall Foliage

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The colors in Leavenworth WA are amazing in October. I go almost every year for a few days of shooting. You can have beautiful sunshine one day, and then have some drizzle with fog winding its way thru mountain trees. No matter the weather, you can always find special shots.

Technical Details

I’m not sure of the technical details b/c I took this off my iPad gallery. I do know that I used an ND filter to slow down the shutter speed.

1 Like

This is nice. I was gonna ask if you used an nd filter cause the light is so strong and I see you did. The cyan in the water might be a tad strong, but I wasn’t there so I may be wrong. I know a lot of glacial streams and rivers have a nice blue/cyan color.
:vulcan_salute:

Hi. Yes I used a nd filter to get the longer exposure. The water was that blue. I’m sure the filter brought out some color as well. As a rule I will take vibrancy up a very small amt on all my pix, but not dramatically so. Thank you for your comments.

Judi, this is a lovely scene where your choice of shutter speed shows off the flow in the river very well. I too think that the colors are just slightly oversaturated. If you’re using an Adobe product, they automatically increase saturation, particularly as you darken tones, either via burning or with a tone curve.

Judy,
I am enjoying the POV and your chosen SS has created some wonderful details in the water. I wasn’t there and this is just my opinion, but for my tastes the saturation could be dialed back just a touch. Either way this is lovely.

Thank you. I shall give that a go, to dial back the saturation. Thank you for the insight.