Fall grasses and repost

A Harrier flying over grass in moderate fog.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below
3 Likes

I love this capture, I’m staring at it for 10min probably and I’m still impressed. It’s like a bucket type shot for me :slight_smile:

David, the color coordination between the grass and the hawk are excellent. The fog does a fine job of softening the background. This view might benefit from a bit (probably more…) burning in of the sky, especially along the top of the trees. Having your plane of focus on the hawk and the grass at the bottom of the frame works very well. Overall, thoroughly enjoyable as is.

Thanks for the comment on this one Mark. I tried to darken the sky but because of the fog, it looks to blotchy.

David: I like how the harrier complements the grass which has much more interest for me than your other flight shot. Excellent DOF management. Top notch. >=))>

1 Like