Hawk in the grass & rp

I like the wing position on this one. Wish I was closer.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso-3200, 400+ 2X, F6 .3, 1600th, A7r4, 25% of full frame

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Hi David, that hawk has certainly stole the scene from the grass :grin:. I too am enjoying the colorful wing spread and you’ve caught a great action pose here. It looks like he’s very low to the ground, so the only thing missing is a field mouse to complete the story.

David, the flared wings look great here, with the hawk nicely sharp. If there were less grass, it would be hard to call this a “grass” view. :grinning:

David: In contrast to your harrier shot this is completely about the hawk for me. Great flight shot. >=))>

Hi David,

Harrier putting on the brakes is awesome. The only thing that I would do is reduce some of the strong highlights in the grass behind the hawk. Awesome photo…Jim

thanks for the comment Jim. I tried to get rid of the highlights here.

1 Like

Excellent view from my phone. Repost looks good.