Redtail

Taken about a year ago and reprocessed. From a car window. Rather close.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 800, 100-400 plus 1.4X, f8, 1600th, Fuji XT3, handheld, 20% of full frame (6 out of 24 MP)

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

A lovely portrait of the hawk. It is as if the hawk posed. And an excellent complimentary bg. Very well done.

Stunning detail and a great pose. I’m not a fan of so much negative space, but that’s just me. It feels like the vertical equivalent of a horizon in the middle with not enough detail in the sky. A strong vignette, or the equivalent in subtle detail, from the right would balance the weight better for me.

Hi David
I agee withDavid on the pose and Diane on taking a little of the right side of the frame. Vary nice looking Hawk. I can not get over the quality of the newer camera and editing software to produce such high quality photographs from a vary small pixel frame. Nice work.
Peter

Beautiful portrait of the hawk. Excellent detail.