Red-tailed Hawk on the Look Out

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any at all?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? The lighting was awesome for the shot and the dead ash provides some nice fill for the RH side.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D500 600mm f4 (1/1600 sec at f6.3, Iso 80) Levels, Topaz DeNoise Ai, slight crop for comp.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

jameszablotny

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Very cool hawk shot. I would take some off of the top of the image, I think.

1 Like

Excellent color, detail, and pose. I like the portrait crop but would also cropp off part of the top and left side, At iso 80, you have a real chance to show off the detail in the plumage.

1 Like

Beautiful job on the hawk, Jim. Excellent detail and exposure and a nice pose. You might look at a 4x5 aspect ratio instead of the 4x6 as this seems just a bit tall for my taste (but that is just my taste).

1 Like

This is an excellent shot of this hawk, Jim. I agree with the others about cropping some off the top.

1 Like

Nice pose and good detail. The vertical orientation works well, though agree with some cropping off the top. Neat perch.

1 Like

Nice sharp image of this hawk. I like the lighting and minimalist elements in this image. Agree with others about taking a little off the top, otherwise your composition goes very well with this image.

1 Like

Thank you all for your input on my image. The overwhelming consensus is to crop off the top and I’ll give it a go in a day or two…Jim