Red-tail

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

I never get tired of seeking out and shooting Red-tails, landed or flying. They just have a look. I shot this one with my D500, Nikon 2-500 lens, hand held, 1/2500th, f/5.6, ISO 200, 500mm, AI Clear, cropped to 1629 x 2054

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

A fine clean look at this Red-tail, Dave. The intensity of it’s gaze is quite striking.

Nice composition and detail in the bird, Dave. The downward stare does a nice job of compensating for the upward angle of the shot.

Nicely composed Dave with the hawk on the tip end of the perch. Good detail in the hawk with a striking gaze. Well done.

Dave: A nice image with sharp details where it is important. I like the perch the hawk is on as well. I came back to this image a couple of times and each time I see a pretty strong color cast of blue / cyan in the hawk. I pulled it into PS so see. Here’s a version with a warming filter on the hawk to pull that cast out, and a small curves adjustment to the sky to work the blue in the sky just a bit.