Fall in the San Juans

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I saw this group of Aspens that had a distinctly different color than the surrounding ones. Unusual but, dramatic.

Specific Feedback

All comments are appreciated.

Technical Details

Canon R6, Canon 100-500mm, 176mm, f/11, I/200sec, ISO 200.
LR

Cool streak of orange up there. Nice find - it does contrast well with the rest of the colors. I even like the variations in the green trees, too. The luminosity though looks…I don’t know…forced in some way. Flat. The shadows and textures have no angles and all seem raised a bit much. I’m not expressing what I mean very well, but it has a lack of dimension that feels off. Up where the orange trees meet the sky is a good example of what I mean. Light doesn’t look like that, at least not in my experience. Compositionally I like the V shape you have going and the sky looks great with just a few clouds.

Thanks very much for the feed back. I guess I don’t see what you’re telling me. I certainly brightened the colors a bit and darkened the sky a bit. I would love to send the cropped but, unedited version to you and see what you would do with it. It would be wonderful to have a mentor sitting next to me while I edit or to be able to compare other photographers editing to see the difference in interpretations.
I am just starting to do landscape, so some of these concepts are new. Your feed back really is appreciated.
Thanks.