Fall River, fall reflections

While I missed a gently colored sunrise in Rocky Mountain National Park last week (15 min late…), I did have a fine time exploring reflections in the Fall River. Two heavy snows had put all of the Aspen leaves on the ground, but the willows had some fine color and the bright white aspen trunks were showing well.

5D3, 24-105 F4 IS II @ 85mm, 1/15s, f/16, iso 200, tripod and polarizer rotated for maximum reflection

Excellent fall color here with the contrast between the white aspen bark, the grasses, and the background evergreens. The Fall River with the symmetrical reflection leads nicely into the photo. An appropriate name for the river with this color scheme.

Mark, a neat take here. Although the theme is about reflections and yes there are plenty as well as they’re plain to see, but my immediate interest was and is the river pathway. I especially like how it starts a bit in the middle of the left side and sweeps toward the lower right corner here. I guess my only point is the overall composition works very nicely and in the end is then supported by the reflections as a plus to the scene…:sunglasses:

Mark,

Yeah, the aspens are spent, but the grasses and willows are showing off beautifully in the warm light. The reflection tops this off as well.

Lon

Very peaceful, Mark! The reflected colors help warm up an otherwise cold scene.