Fall reflections in the Yellowstone River

With all of the outstanding posts to this week’s challenge, I’m going to have a very hard time making an editor’s pick. Thank you very much. :grinning: I do feel the need to add another one of mine, taken 3 weeks ago on a lovely fall afternoon about 6 miles from our Montana home. This is Emigrant peak and a mix of Aspen, Cottonwood, and Willows reflecting peak fall colors in a backwater pool of the Yellowstone River. While I didn’t notice the clump of grass (lrc) as I took this shot, I like having it there.

5D3, 24-105 f4 IS II @ 50mm, 1/8 s, f/16, iso 200, tripod, polarizer and cable release

1 Like

Really liking this one here, Mark. A wonderful autumn view and of course the excellent reflection too. Emigrant peak in the BG is a real bonus to the reflection as even the small patch of snow is clearly visible in that reflection…:+1:
If there was any thought for change it might be to eliminate the small grass patch in the water LRHC. But, only based upon it being a bit tight on the edge and not that it is in the scene…:sunglasses:

Nice one, Mark! The Autumn colors really get your attention and its a nicely balanced composition.