Fallen Hero

Taken in the same area as my last shot with the redwood Lincoln Logs, but getting down very low instead of holding the camera overhead. The idea was to connect the ferns so to speak.

Specific Feedback Requested

I’m open to processing ideas - normally I would reprocess this before posting since it’s from 2013, but I’m traveling with only my iPad so can do it when I get back to my laptop.

Technical Details

Handheld

Panasonic LUMIX GH3
LUMIX G Vario 12-35mm f/2.8 @ 32mm
ISO 800
1/30 sec - f/4

Processed in Lightroom for the usual stuff - curves, texture, sharpening and noise reduction.

2 Likes

I love the low angle of view here. Nicely done, Kris. You might be able to add a bit of extra sharpening in the distance with Topaz or something. But that’s just a nit, this is wonderful.

Thanks @David_Bostock - yeah, I think I shot this deliberately at a wide aperture, but it may have been just because the ISO was getting up there. Maybe I can tease out some detail with Topaz.

1 Like

My first thought is, THUD!!! Excellent seeing to connect the ferns! For me, the soft BG is fine as the FG tells it all.

The ferns look like they’re squirming. A super contrast of might and delicacy. It would also look interesting with the right side cropped up to the point where the giant disappears in the undergrowth.

Thanks @Diane_Miller & @Mike_Friel - Glad you think it works - it is a little odd. I hadn’t thought about a crop like that, but can give it a try.