Log & Fern

Not the most exciting or original photo in the world but I couldn’t pass up this perfect little fern.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Don’t know the techs. I’m using lenses on my new camera that don’t communicate with it.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

I was hoping you would post this intimate scene, Mike. I just wish I hadn’t been so lazy and taken an image myself. Of course the greens are lovely and I like the diagonal with the fallen birch limb. My only suggestions are to tone down some bright ares on the FG fern and the area on the birch where the fern crosses over. Here is a repost with what I was thinking. This may not be original as you mentioned, but it is a beautiful scene definitely worth capturing.

1 Like

Mike, I really like the composition used here, having the the X-shape of the ferns and the fallen birch log at 45 degree angles like this is very interesting and dynamic. Having three primary fern fronds joined together works well too. My only nit is that on my monitor this image looks slightly too bright. I think the image could also use a stronger vignette to place more emphasis on the ferns. If you don’t mind, here is a rework reflecting my comments.

1 Like

What a lovely scene. The only thing that catches my eye is the really bright spot on the fallen log where the fern crosses it. The composition is super.