Family Affair

Sony A77II
Sony 70-400G @ 280mm
ISO 200, 1/10 @ f22
A family portrait of our new dahlias. All comments welcome. >=))>

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Hi Bill,

A very nice comp. The purples against yellow generates some color pop. Well done…Jim

Gorgeous colour combinations, tack-sharp, great BG
I like the 4 stages of the blooms -bud, barely-open bud, 3/4 open, fully open.
Sweet !
S

This is beautiful, Bill. I agree with Sandy on this, the different stages of blooms is really nice. Great shot.

A lovely arrangement, Bill. I like the composition a lot in this one. As an aside, I find the patterns on that one leaflet on the left bloom utterly fascinating. I think you should do a very close-up study of it alone if it’s still in good shape.

This is masterly, Bill ! A beautifully composed grouping, presented with great clarity and set off so well against the blue-green hues of the background.

Wow. What a bunch of wonderful colors. Sweet shot. This almost looks “focus stacked” with the dof onn the flowers and the blurred bg.:vulcan_salute:

Bill, this is lovely for all the reasons others have stated. My only critique is with the competition with the blossoms by the BG OOF leaves; e.g., too bright. I darkened the mid tones about 12%. Here is what I came up with:

Phil: I like what you’ve done here and appreciate your processing wizardry; an area I need to work on. >=))>