Family of boulders

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

My obsession with rocks. I have a hard time not photographing every rock I come across. This group was on their own but grouped together, made me thik of a family unit, posing for me. This weekly topic was hard, as I have few flat light images. Which leads me to the question - how many amazing images are made with flat light? Can you make remarkable images with flat light? If so, then what subjects are preferable for flat light than those with even a little bit of contrast.

Technical Details

400 iso, 7.1 1/25th

Loretta, I’m enjoying this collection of boulders as well as the information about their surroundings, a dry Ponderosa Pine forest. While there’s no drama here, it’s a fine look at a specific environment that is common throughout the western USA. As for flat light, it’s great for saturating colors in the land, it’s also great for showing off details, like in the rocks and on the ground here. As I chuckle, I’m thinking that you could turn this into a two tone image and stick in the back window of your SUV… :laughing:

1 Like