Fatherhood

I’m pretty sure I posted this when I took it in early June, but it’s still pretty much my favorite from this year.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Sony A6500 with MC 11 Canon adapter coupling a Sigma 150-600 Contemporary lens at 420 mm, hand held, f/8, 1/100, iso 2000 from a prone position. Taken June 4th at 5:30 am.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
4 Likes

Dennis, this is really a precious shot, and I can see why it would be your favorite for the year (and you have posted some excellent shots, so that is saying a lot). The details are great. A beautiful family portrait. :+1: :+1:

Super cool shot with excellent action, color, detail, and BG. Would make a good fathers day card…

1 Like

I can see why it’s your favorite. What a great shot.

Dennis, the clarity, colors and detail in the 3 birds and their perch are outstanding. The background of soft oof pastels adds to the gentle attraction of this family portrait.

I can see why this is a favorite of yours, Dennis! Exposure, clarity and colors are superb and it’s a somewhat unique capture with the father bird and the chicks rather than the mother. Nice composition and the one chick with its mouth open is a nice little bonus. Very nice! :+1:

Dennis, a wonderful photo. Great focus, you captured the interaction and dynamic perfectly. The tones compliment the subject, great DoF… nice clear background, with no distractions, even an interesting foreground. Couldn’t have been much better.

Dennis,

Dang, Shirley already used the word, but I’ll repeat - Just precious. Can’t think of anything better. Wonderful imagery.

Lon