Female Gray Fox

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any and all.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any and all.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Camera: Canon 60D, Lens: Canon 70-300 IS USM, f/8, ISO-1000, 1/1500 sec.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

What a beautiful fox! I like the rock she’s on and separation from the background. Nice moment caught with that intense look. I’d prefer there to be less room on the right and more on the left where she’s looking but I don’t what obstacles over there you were dealing with. Nice to have the subject lit up against that darker background. Welcome to the group!

1 Like

Hi, Terri! I’m excited to be here! Thank you for taking the time to comment on and critique my photo. She is indeed a beautiful animal. There is no compelling reason why I chose to place her so far left in the photo, other than there were some dead trees in the background further to the left. But that probably would not have been an issue with good bokeh. Thanks, again!

Hi Terry !

Welcome to NPN !
I like the elevated rock on which fox is standing and the bushy tail too !
I may tone down the bright rock.
Somehow, the preecise focus appears to be on the overhead leaves, rather than the face.
Looking forward to more pictured from your portfolio.

1 Like

Hi Jagdeep!

Thank you for the welcome; I’m excited to be here!
I understand about the rock.
I suspect what you’re seeing focus-wise is that I used Center Weighted Averaging when taking this shot. That was obviously a mistake.
Thanks for your critique!
Best,
Terry