Female Purple Finch

I have lived in my current location about twenty years, and have never before had Purple Finches visit - at least that I’m aware of. This year, I have quite a nice little flock of at least ten females, and a half-dozen males.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any. I posted an image of a female Purple Finch before, but I thought this pose was much better(?).

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 60D, Canon 70-300mm IS USM zoom, f/5.6, 1/1500 sec., ISO 1000, Av Mode, Hand Held. Processed in ACR and PSE 2020 for exposure and sharpness. I used Subject Select in PSE to lighten the exposure on the bird a bit.

2 Likes

Nice detail in the finch and you brought out the colors well. I’d be tempted to clone out the branch over its head, it seems to draw my eye a bit.

HI Terry
I like the framing. For me the branches carried me into the Finch. As for the sharping. The head and lower wing are sharp, but under the wind and the top of the wing are not?
Peter

Very good, Terry. I really like the framing of the branches. Your setup is coming along very nicely. Detail in the finch is very good.

Oh, Terry, this is really beautiful! I love the natural frame from the branches. Also the background looks really nice. Of course, it all just sets off the star, the Purple Finch!

Thanks @Allen_Brooks . I appreciate your comments.

Hi @peter I guess I don’t have an explanation for that. Movement from the wind blowing them, maybe?

Thanks @Dennis_Plank. The area is coming along, I think. May still be some tweaks from time-to-time, but I’m pleased with it, so far.

Hi, @Vanessa_Hill. Thank you very much. I’m glad you like it.