Female Wigeon

Another from the Portland ponds. I liked the reflections in the background and deliberately tried for ducks that included them. This pose appealed to me.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

I straightened this-does it look level?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 435 mm, hand held, f/8, 1/2000, iso 800, aperture priority, spot metering, -1 1/3 EV (the Wood Ducks were blowing out like crazy). Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 13.1 MP.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Hi Dennis,
Beautiful capture and I like the full profile view. I think you straightened it up well. Nice sharpness and color tones. I like the reflections also. Well done.

Pretty duck captured well - fine detail, interesting pose, and I also like the BG and reflection that appealed to you.
Very nice!
S

Excellent light. I like the transition between the brownish foreground and the green background. Detail is spot on. I like the composition.