Wigeon

Yet another from the Portland ponds. I really liked the looks of the water and the gentle arc of the bow wave in this one. the duck is just a bonus.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything you notice that looks amiss. Not much done to this one, just a few out of focus fluffies removed from the water.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything positive or negative.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Whilst I agree with you, Bill, about the wave ( and not least that lovely blue cast in the light on the waters ) I would add that the duck is much more than just a bonus. It’s captured perfectly, with all the sharpness needed to bring out the subtle textures and shades of the feathers. Lovely image !!

The widgeon is perfect. I’ve seen lots of these, but never as close as this one. I like this one as presented…Jim

Hi Dennis, nice detail on the bird and I like the angle coming toward us. I think you can do some eye clean up - I believe there are three catchlights in the eye. I like the water too. Nice colors on the bird. Well done.

Thanks, Allen. I debated the eye issue and decides to leave it, though it is a bit disconcerting. I’ll look at it with the wave reflections removed to see if I like it better.

Bird and water are gorgeous. The light hit that green just right. I do see some cloning artifacts at the top of the image that I’d smooth over.