Female Wood Duck in-flight, number 2

This is another shot from the previous collection of images taken of the female Wood Duck in flight. Slightly different background and wing position. This one was a little closer, moving fast. Slightly less depth of field.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any (This one might be slightly over sharpened in some areas)

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Does this slightly different crop work? Which one do you like best?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Iso-640, 500 mm at F7 .1, 1000th, 60% of full frame, handheld, D 850, Adobe camera raw, topaz AI sharpen and AI clear, topaz adjust, TK sharpening action at 1%

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

This one is my pick between the two. I like the pose better and really like that it’s looking right at you. I like the tack sharpness of them, and the motion blur of the wings. Very cool.

I think I like the angle a little better in this one, David, but I like the detail and depth of field better in the other. They’re both fine shots but on balance, I like the impact of the first one a bit more.

This is very good. Bird is nice and sharp, pose is great, and the water color is beautiful. My only negative is that the light angle could be better. Half the bird’s body was in shade. You did a good job with the shadows, but the image would be even better if the entire bird were lit.

Hi David, critical focus is where it needs to be and I like the water drops. Duck is nicely placed in the frame. I know the ducks at this pond may be tamer than usual but it is still a treat to see these so up close and in flight.