Final Approach, Mallard drake

I\ve been away for almost a year but still tried to check in every once in a while. Over the past year I’ve tried to improve on already posted images as well as any new images I have shot. My goal is to increase the saturation a bit without it looking to much.
Nikon D500 / Nikkor 200-500 @ 220mm
ISO 400, 1/2000, f6.3

1 Like

Oh, what a beautiful pose he is giving you here, Greg. I just love the wing position, and those feet out ready to land. As for saturation, I may not be the expert on that, but to my eye, on my screen, the water seems a bit too blue for my taste. Not sure if saturation would be the reason or not. The browns on the duck look great to me. Wonderful details.

Great landing pose. I’m okay with the blue and the other colors look okay. Maybe a tad more room for the duck to land in.

I had thought about adding more landing area but would have to add it using the content aware fill command which works well for that sort of thing. Thanks for the comments

Very nice landing pose and a great angle on it, Greg. The saturation looks reasonable to me and I like that the “foreground” water is in nice focus as well as the bird.

Great landing pose. Colors look good, but I think you can bump up the contrast a tiny bit to give the image some more pop. The head looks just a hair soft compared to the tail, but this could be from motion blur. Agree with giving little more room on the bottom. Otherwise a fine image.

I too like this capture a lot. The play of the right wing feathers across its body really adds to the 3D of its look. Very cool shot.

Thank you all for the great comments and suggestions. I feel I can learn from the all.

Good job on the pose and wing position. I think there could be a tad more contrast and a tad less brightness, The white plumage on the far wing could be at least a step darker.