Final Approach

This one flew around this dead tree several times before committing to a landing.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

D810, 200-500 @500mm, f/5.6, 1/1600 +.67EV, ISO 160

An older image revisited and worked solely in On1 using targeted masking in the shadows under the wings, on the tree and on the head as well as sharpening only on the Eagle.

1 Like

Veeeery nice!! Wonderful detail, great perch and fantastic sky!

Nice landing pose. Intense look, nice angle.

I think you could back off of the sharpening on the head. It looks just a bit crunchy.

1 Like

Very nice catch! I agree with Diane and Keith about the wonderful pose, landing perch and sky. Good job with the capture of this magnificent bird.

1 Like

Really nice capture of one of my favorites subjects. If this were mine I’d consider carefully dodging it’s shaded head and breast area just a notch. Well done!

1 Like

Chris, Nice action shot. You did a nice job with this long heavy lens.

1 Like

Chris, Nice landing shot with the outstretched talons in the sun. Certainly see the heavy sharpen on the Eagle and through the underwing feathers, it has a graphic look that plays pretty well with the nice soft overcast sky. I’d see a softer version as a comparison…but either way a real winner and a wonderful capture.

1 Like

Still getting used to the On1 sharpening…it’s pretty accurate and tends toward the more theatrical so I must take care to drop the sharpness a bit more, probably on the color slider. Thanks for the input.

It is a beast, but still one of my favorite lenses.

Agreed! Look below for another comment response on the same subject.

BTW Chris, I carry the same lens beast. And just bought a Shoulder sling to use and have seen and felts quite a difference in the hang, carry and hold.

1 Like

I use a Black Rapid sling.