Fingering the Sky

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D, 10-22 @ 10, 1/800 @ f9, ISO 320.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Stopping by a country lane in Cheshire I came across this extraordinary oak and thought it worth a shot.

I can’t think of anyone that shoots midday images as well as you do. The harsh light never looks harsh. It may have to do with the latitudes you shoot at.

What a lovely tree, Ian. The spread of the branches is just perfect. I particularly like the way the branches work with the cloud formations.

Very pretty shot, Ian! The sprawling branches interacting with the clouds really gets your attention. The large version could maybe use some sharpening. The small versions are automatically sharpened by the system so it looks crisp.

Ian, what a neat tree. It stands out well against the sky with a very interesting shape. I’m enjoying the change from vine covered trunk to isolated leafy branches.