High on the Moors

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 400D, 18-55 @ 27, 1/250 @ f13, ISO 200

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Taken in the Spring at Lyme Park in Cheshire, an old English country estate.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Lovely, Ian. The lone tree fits the theme very well and I like your composition. Did you apply an artistic filter of some kind to this image? It has the look of a painting.

Thanks for the comment, @Dennis_Plank No, no filter, just the usual adjustments.

This does have the look of a painting. You could do a slight crop from the top for an even more panoramic format that extends your long horizontals. I really like the color and texture of that dried grass. But the general comp is really good with the bottom area being the best.

Beautiful scene here Ian and you’ve captured it nicely. The lighting is good and I mostly like the composition. I was thinking of the same thing (tree in a distance) when I saw the WC but had nothing that quite fit the bill. That beautiful dirt road bothers me a bit coming from the center, so I’m wondering how it would look if your POV was from one side or the other. A great example for this week’s WC!

Ian, your single tree stands out well is a lovely, country scene. Definitely reminds me of a painting with it’s big swatches of inviting color.

Ian: Wonderful scene superbly composed and captured. Makes me want to be there. :+1: :+1:>=))>