First Anna of the Year

This was a little underexposed and noise was a slight issue. Taken on a partially cloudy day with fast moving clouds.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 1600, 100-400 plus 1.4X at full frame (61 MP cropped to 50 MP), f8, 1000th, handheld no flash but a fill would have helped, A7R4

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Cropped to a mere 50 MP? I’m rather surprised at the lower part of the body being so blurred given the sharpness of the head and f/8. I’ve seen tail blur often enough in these, but the softness right above the feet seems odd with these shooting parameters.

Hi David, nice sharp head and eye so I say this is a keeper even though the body is quite blurred. I like the background. Good color in the throat - a beautiful bird.

A nice background that complements the hummer. Good detail in the head and nice color throughout.