Anna big and small

I got up early enough this morning to get some decent light. Here are two shots of this Anna’s hummingbird from 10 feet away. Mostly sunny.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

The A7R4 has a 9504 x 6336 pixel sensor which works out to 60.2 megapixels. The first image of the hummingbird in flight is 6020 x 4257 pixels or 26 megapixels. Although this was taken in full frame mode, coincidentally 26 megapixels is the APC setting for this camera. The headshot is 1958 x 1072 pixels or 2.1 megapixels which works out to 3.4% of the full frame.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso-500, 100-400 at 400 mm, F7 .1, 1250th, handheld, no flash

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Excellent capture of this humming bird, David! I’m surprised that you don’t have much more motion blur in the wings at 1/1250! The resolution of that camera is incredible. I have been thinking about making the investment since I already have the lenses but I have mostly had landscapes in mind. I can see now that it could be a very nice wildlife camera also!

Hi David, very nice capture - details look quite good and a pleasing wing blur. Nice background too. No nits from me.

Excellent detail; a very nice portrait shot.

Wow. That head shot really stood up to the big crop very well. Ten feet away is pretty close and you really got a nice pose. It is a nice clean bg also. Well done.