Anna's headshot

This is the headshot for this Friday. This is an Anna’s hummingbird in-flight and cropped to 13% of full frame.

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

iso 500, 400mm, f7.1, 1250th, 13.4% of full frame, Sony A7R4

2 Likes

That is some terrific detail with such a huge crop. Well done David. I can almost see a refection in the birds eye. The colors are spot on and the background is nice and dreamy. I like the crop as well. Oh, and you can even see little tiny bits of nectar on the beak.

Gorgeous, but I had to go back and read the description twice – IN FLIGHT!!! Yup – that’s what he said… Remarkable, and moreso for the big crop!

My only suggestion is to play with the WB a little – it has a warm cast which may be accurate for early or late light, but worth looking at. Some cooling brought out more pure color in the reds. I could have gone a bit further.

A great head shot, David, particularly for the bird in flight. That 60 MP sensor sure makes for some crazy cropping.

Hi Dave
You should be proud of this photograph, getting a head shot of a Hummingbird in flight is not easy. My only nit, is the clipping in the reds and the straw like lower neck feathers. Some time having all that digital detail and work agents you.
Peter

I like the warmer BG over the cooler BG. Very nice details from an incredible crop. Well done…Jim