First Fruits

Spring is a little late this year so far but this is our first calla of the season. Caught in the early morning light with just a single dew drop on the tip. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A7RIII
Minolta 200mm macro
1/13 @ f16, ISO 400

5 Likes

Hi Bill,

Spring is finally showing up in Michigan too with limited blooms of crocuses and winter aconite appearing now. There is a lot to like in this image. The limited DOF on the front part of the flower with the water drop is perfect for this shot. The lighting and soft features with shadowed areas in the BG compliment the in-focus subject in the foreground. Lastly, the diagonals in the frame tie it all together. My analysis concludes that is is an awesome image…Jim

This is gorgeous, Bill. The lovely soft lines and the way the tip of the calla lily hold the droplet is so very graceful make the image a joy to look at time and again. Plus, the detail in the droplet is exquisite! Very nicely seen and captured.

Beautiful image, Bill. The comp is perfect and the dew drop is an outstanding compliment.

All said above – I can only add another accolade for a gorgeous capture! The water droplet is perfection!

I see what may be a sensor spot just to the right of center on the white area.

Really late to the party. This is such a beautiful image. So soft and then, tack sharp. Great colours and background. You’ve handled the whites well.

Bill, I have to tell you I keep coming back to this image to admire it. It really is a sensational image.

I was away when you posted this beauty, Bill. I love the little drop of water with the refraction. Great shot.