Faithful and True

Our day lily season is in full swing and this is probably my all time favorite bloom. This particular plant has produced in our garden for over ten years despite drought, flood and freeze. I have many images of it on various walls and I always anticipate its arrival. This is the season’s first flower. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A7RIII
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/80 @ f8

2 Likes

The first bloom of a favourite is always exciting! The angle of the flower is just right to show off the details like those drops on the lower petals. I think if you’d stacked this the leaves would have intruded, as especially with day-lilies I find the leaves can be a bit chaotic. Here they are unobtrusive and pleasantly dark. Did you process the flower separately from the rest? If not you coped brilliantly with the lighting.

Bill, beautiful flower well captured. The bright day lily pops out against the dark background. The angle is perfect.

Lovely colors and lighting of the flower that pull the view right down into the flower. As mentioned the angle of the shot works really well showing lots of the flower details and not being over whelmed by the bg.

Gorgeous lighting, detail and texture in this day lily, Bill. Very nicely seen and captured. Kudos to Chrissy too, clearly she has a masters hand in these.

Boy, that new camera is showing off all your work. Marvelous image!! No nits here… larry

Bill
Gorgeous photo of a beautiful specimen. I like your choice of focus.