Day One

We have many varieties of day lilies in our garden and this is one of my favorites. I’ve been pretty busy with work and some health issues so I’ve done some shooting but not much processing or posting. I did some experimenting with vignetting and BG blur in PS and liked the result. All comments welcome. >=))>

Specific Feedback Requested

Thoughts on BG treatment

Technical Details

Sony A7RIII
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 100, 1/15 @ f8

2 Likes

Bill, I can see why this might be one of your favorites. I just love the colors. We have some yellow ones that will probably be blooming in the next couple of weeks, but they never look this pretty, and I think that is because of the colors. I like what you did with the BG, looks natural to me. Good to see you posting again. Hopefully you will be back to normal real soon and catch up with all of your edits/post.

Bill, I love our Day Lillies too. A bit early for them here in the Pacific NW. Your shot is wonderful. So much in focus too. Well done.

Gorgeous, Bill. The colors, details and composition are perfect. Just lovely

I totally agree this is a gorgeous shot. The only minor issue for me, Bill, is not being able to see the stalk. This makes the flower “float” a bit to my eye. But as for the BG, you caught the leaves in a smooth, pleasant pattern curving out of the frame everywhere, which just adds to the beauty of this day lily. And the buds back up the flower in the absence of stalk!