The Thrill of Frill

This frilly day lily (Fairytale Pink) is one of our annual blooms and has been producing nicely this spring. Caught this little beauty with some soft light filtering through the trees. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A7RIII
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/500 @ f8

Bill, a beautiful look at this lily. Great light and glow to the flower. Getting really picky, I might burn or clone the brownish bud (?) about 1/3 from the right near the bottom, but no biggie at all. Really well captured and presented.

1 Like

It is lovely light and really brings the lily to life. I like how the top of fg petal is in focus. Draws me into the photo.

Hi Bill, this beauty is captured superbly. The focus, background, the bud and leaf inclusion all make this a great shot. The texture of the petals is well focused.
Wayne

“Frilly lily.” That’s got to be one of the best flower names ever. I very much like the composition and impressed at your handling of the light. Critique-wise, I’d say the greens are maybe a tad over-saturated and the sunlit pins and yellows a bit undersaturated. Although this may be a profile issue of the web-presentation. I downloaded the image and saw it had no embedded color profile, so even a profiled monitor and a browser that is color-profile aware won’t necessarily render this properly.