First Winter

Young Bison in Yellowstone, hunkered down in a snow storm. A bit of another Bison off to the right of the subject was taken out.

What technical feedback would you like if any? All feedback is appreciated

What artistic feedback would you like if any? All feedback would be appreciated

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Taken with a Nikon D850, Nikkor 500 pf @ f/5.6
Taken at f/5.6, 1/2000 sec. ISO 1250 0ver by 0.67
(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag β€˜ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

ig cheryl_a_kuhl

3 Likes

Oh, this is super. His (her?) one eye looking out, with the other snowed over, is quite compelling. Such a simple scene, but tells such a great story. Well seen.

1 Like

What a great capture! This tells such a story about the conditions these bison must endure. I think the snow could be brightened just a bit, it feels a little gray to me.

It looks like an abstract but still has lots of details !
During the film era, some film used to have a catch line, β€œthe genius is in the details.” It applies to this image.

@JRajput, @Craig_Moreau, @Bonnie_Lampley Thanks for your thoughtful comments. Craig, you are right about the gray/blue. An easy adjustment, but I still struggle a bit with snow, and how bright to make it, without loosing detail. Again, thanks for taking the time to comment.

Dang, that is EPIC! Very well captured.

1 Like