Fleeting

Beaver Dam Pond is one of my go to places while in Acadia because hardly anyone stops there and those that due only spend a few moments and then get back in their vehicle. That was about to change this particular morning. We had a cold night after a warm day so we got up early in the hope that the pond would be covered in a mist and we were not disappointed. Mike and I were the only ones there until a photo workshop spotted us and stopped. That was the only time I have seen a bunch of tripods at this location.After that it was non stop people stopping. Anyway it was a wonderful time well spent and I came away with several images that I liked.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D800, Nikon 80-200 @ 200mm, f 16 @ 1/5 sec, MLU, ISO 100, cable release & tripod

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ā€˜igā€™ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Oops, I posted the wrong one. here is the one I meant to post.

1 Like

Really nice dreamy image. I might clone out the white horizontal bit 1/3 from the bottom and right of center. Very well done.

Ed. both images are great, but I absolutely love the first image. I think it has a much more dreamy feel because of the mist and the softer color pallette.
:vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute:

Ed, I can appreciate the angst around these events. Thankfully Iā€™ve been able to avoid this for the most part over the last several years. Iā€™m sure it has a lot to do with my off the beaten path hide outs that canā€™t be seen from the roadsā€¦:nerd_face:
I love this first photo. It is a real winner for me. Both are extremely enjoyable imagesā€¦Thanks for sharing themā€¦:sunglasses:ā€¦:+1:

Ed,

Both images are fabulous with great atmosphere; the fog is really a game change in both.

At first, with the thumbnails, the original/top post seems cut-off and Iā€™m wishing more was included. The second thumb comes across as a great panoramic. Having said that, they both look wonderful in the larger view and I love the pano format for both.

For me, I think I prefer the second one. The fog is a little less dominant and the layout of the autumn foliage just seems more comfortable; the first/orig post seems more chaotic (but still beautiful!)

Lon

Ed, Iā€™ll vote for the first one as being more dreamy. I agree that both are outstanding, with the extra clarity letting the white trunks show well in the 2nd version. Yes, setting up a tripod in a busy place always seems to invite ā€œover your shoulderā€ shootersā€¦

Thanks guys @Harley_Goldman, @Michael_Lowe, @Paul_Breitkreuz, @Lon_Overacker and @Mark_Seaver for taking a look and leaving your thoughts. I have gone back and forth several times as to which one I prefer and really have not decided on a favorite. I guess that is a good thing.:grinning:

Both work great but I prefer the first. Canā€™t go wrong with either, though.

I really like the first one. The more dispersed fog gives this a very dreamy and soft feel. Color and contrast look spot on to me. Nicely Done!
-P