Flight of the Raven

Two Octobers ago I drove up before sunrise on Mary’s Peak and I got to watch this Raven flying and walking around for awhile as the sun came up. I put 3 images together. I wanted to do more but couldn’t make it look right.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: Yes
I panned and got his whole flight pattern and put 3 of the images together.

4 Likes

The three views are combined well, Vanessa. The subtle magenta in the sky is a great addition. It’s nice to see texture in the wings of the bird on the right, although the far wing “seems” a tiny bit light for the rest of the image.

1 Like

Love this, Vanessa. I always think of threes in these circumstance. Well done.

1 Like

Very nicely captured and processed, Vanessa.

1 Like

Vanessa, I love the various position of the wings on these. The silhouette of them works well, and perfect for the WC. Nice in flight capture.

1 Like

Thanks @Mark_Seaver , yeah I was trying to see if it looked better in black and white. But I just loved the colors in the western sky from the sunrise and had to keep it. It took a while for me to get all the images to blend right and get the Raven in the right position in the separate ones.

Thanks so much @David_Bostock , I was going to try to fit 5 in it but it just didn’t look right, too close, probably because the Raven was so close! I’m glad the 3 works!

Thanks, Linda! I really appreciate your kind words.

1 Like

Thank you, so much, Shirley! I’m glad you think it works. I hope to do some more like it. I was inspired by a photographer who actually combines slow shutter with fast shutter images of birds showing their flight patterns! It’s really beautiful.

2 Likes