FLIGHT

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I was at local cemetery taking photos of military grave stones with Christmas wreaths on them when a flock of starlings flew into a tree. The only shot I got was as they flew, and the result was pretty poor. I modified it with this result.

Specific Feedback

Just anything. I’m not sure this belongs in abstract nature since the subjects are readily discernible.

Technical Details

5DMKIV; 24/70 @70; 640ISO; 1/200th; 8.0; WB: auto; 1 shot auto focus.

I’m not sure whether it’s abstract or not, Jim, but it’s a pretty broad category. Even without the color, this would be an interesting image and the color does add some additional interest. If you wanted to spend a lot of time on this, you could use some electric colors on all the birds and call it an explosion of Starlings.

1 Like

@Dennis_Plank Interesting idea. Thanks.

Jim, when I saw the thumbnail I thought this was confetti and fireworks. Pretty cool creative image. I think this does belong in the abstract category due to the creative color choices in the birds. Love Dennis’ idea of an explosion of starlings.

Hi Jim! This is a really fun image. I really like how all the birds are fanning out within the sweep of the tree branches. Your color adjustments add a lot of fun to the image. If you choose the spend the time, I would love to see this after following Dennis’s idea of an explosion of starlings. Well done!

@Alfredo_Mora @Steve_Kennedy Thank you. Not sure if I will take the time, but might.