Flinders Beach

An early morning storm had just rolled through creating a beautiful light on the eroded beach. I was drawn to this scene by the light and the layers of vegetation from the banksia trees, through the bracken and onto the beach driftwood.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
ISO 500 100-400@100mm Hand-Held f5 1/320

In ACR, Highlights moved all the way left, a touch of Clarity and Vibrance.

In PS a few Curves Layers on various layers of vegetation and a fiddle with White Balance.

I really like this Glennie. The layers are terrific and I really like how the trees are leaning the same direction as the driftwood in the foreground. I don’t know that there’s anything I’d change at all. Well done.

I love how the lighter treetops are reaching up into the darker sky, and then it becomes lighter below, where the trees become darker. The multicolored mid-ground is very interesting to explore and the littered beach tells a story.

I wonder about darkening the sand just a bit???

Ooh, very nice! The colors are subtle, but rich. The balance of the layers of vegetation is wonderful. I like the lighter sand on the beach because it contrasts so well with the downed branches. If you want a tiny nit-pick, I might burn down that farthest right upright tree trunk because it’s so close to the frame edge.

This image has to be viewed large to really appreciate all the different layers and details in this scene Glenys. I am also enjoying the color palette with the earth tones, greens and blues. Very nicely done!

Thank you all for the kind comments.

Bonnie, that’s an excellent idea about “that” tree! I was of two minds whether it should be cropped out, but burning it down is just what it needs.

Diane, also an excellent idea. The sand needs to be tamed…just a little.

I quite like this. The subject matter is very interesting and full of possibilities.