Floating about

I generally shoot landscapes, would be very interested in people’s critiques or thoughts on this image?

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I like the lighting and the pose a lot, Larry. The leg positions make for a very nice composition. My only nit is that I think it would work better with the focus on the head instead of the back and legs.

I think Dennis is right about the focus point. In general it looks a tick soft, but it does appear the focus landed on the back half of the subject.

I like the clean surroundings. That smooth water certainly helps accentuate the shape, and the subtle reflection of the face is a nice touch. The orange color pops nicely too. I could prefer a bit more room on the right edge, to give it some breathing room on that side. Not sure if your original composition allowed for that, or if you perhaps had to crop out a distracting element.

Max