Frog Legs & Lobster Claws

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any and all.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any and all.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Nikon D850 (70-200 F2.8.) 1/60 sec F8.0 ISO 320 200mm Lightroom and Photoshop.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Hi Kelly !
I love the bold color and pattern of this striking plant and it’s a well composed picture !
Actually it’s so bold that it put subject in a ‘shadow’ and the size of subject further pushes it there.
IMHO lighting is also not supporting the image

Thanks for the feedback. This image was taken because my wife wanted a Red picture for our new game room so I went outside to take this photo in our back yard. Late morning sun and my wife had to help by rotating the plant. While she was holding it this small frog photobombed the shot. You never know what you will find in your own backyard.

Your last line has me curious. Not sure what you mean by lighting not supporting subject. And what you would do to fix it. I would like your opinion on what I might do before I print it for my wife.

Actually background light is stronger than the light on the subject, it normally mars the image. It can be fixed if there’s slight difference,
Doing flowers, it is always better to do in diffused light, no direct light.