Flood

Specific Feedback Requested

C/C Welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D810
Tamron 24-70

2 Likes

Joao, what a great use of color. I like the composition, but what will happen if you turn the image horizontally . Just a thought, Fine work.

Great eye, Joao. As with Ben, I love the subtle use of colour - those three dots of orange on the left are just wonderful. But for me what makes this image superb are the trees in reflection and the way they descend in size from right to left guiding my eye right into the orange. Beautiful mood, beautifully framed.

I’m a real sucker for these types of compositions. So beautiful. I actually would desaturate the bright oranges on the opposite shore but I see that some like it.

Great image as presented. I can see @Igor_Doncov’s recommendation to desaturate the oranges somewhat, but because they take up such little space and are truly the focal point of the image, I’m enjoying their current color intensity.

These are shots that I often play with by reversing, but in this case, suspects reversal would read the image too quickly where this one pulls be back to the left very well. Great shot

Really nice, Joao! This is such a simple scene, yet so powerful. The muted coloration, textured sky, and calm reflection make this a real beauty. One minor nit - the water seems lighter than the sky, so I would burn that down until slightly darker than the sky. Excellent capture.

1 Like

Wow Joao, reflection images don’t get much better than this, really nice bit of seeing/composing on your part. My comments are the same as @Kerry_Gordon 's. This image is both understated and impactful at the same time, not always easy to pull off, but you have done so here. The two circles created by the trees make me think of a pair of eyeglasses staring back at the viewer.

Beautiful image Joao. The hourglass symmetry of the trees in reflection is perfect.