Flower Blood Moon 2022

Expecting a lot of clouds, so I didn’t think I’d see much, but just before totality, clouds really lightened. The remaining light cloud cover took on the red from the moon, which was a great effect.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all

Technical Details

5 seconds (a bit long as I had been just trying to capture some of the light through the clouds, so there was a little motion blur, but used Topaz Sharpen to remove some). f/6.3, ISO 2000, pretty good crop, used PS/Camera Raw for some exposure correction.

2 Likes

Daniel,

Most excellent capture of the lunar event! I must agree that the thin veil of cloud cover I think enhances the image - if anything provides just a different result than what most folks saw and captured. I also like having the stars.

No nits or suggestions really. I guess my only comment might be the luminosity of the moon is slightly bright? I missed it this time around so it’s hard to judge on this.

thanks for sharing!

Lon

1 Like

Awesome, Daniel. I love the position of the moon and the stars in the background. The red luminosity of the clouds is icing on the cake. Wonderful.

1 Like

I missed this one Daniel. I thought about shooting it but it was so cloudy and I had an early morning at work so, next time. I’m glad I’m getting to see this event unfold through your capture. I only really notice the blur if zoomed in so it doesn’t really bother me that much. I think the stars add a lot to this image and I think the clouds add to this image as well. I might darken the blacks just a little bit.

1 Like

Daniel,

Beautiful rendition. The light veil of clouds gives an extra surreal feel. I also like the warmer tone on the moon.

1 Like

Very nice! The clouds do make it unique, and good detail for 5 seconds.

1 Like