Flowers and rain drops

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I enjoyed a nice morning hike after a light rain and could not resist taking a photo of the raindrops on the flowers.

Technical Details

Sony A6600, F/8, Exp 1/80, ISO 400, 245 mm

2 Likes

Bradley, I’m glad you couldn’t resist capturing that image. I like it a lot, especially the DOF. The viewer gets a nice close-up of this bouquet. The 3D effect is clear to my eyes as sharpness decreases moving away from the center. The tight crop works well for me, too.

Bradley, the raindrops and flowers look great. I too like your frame filling view and the color contrast between the flowers and their surroundings.

Bradley,

Thanks for posting! I really like the color combo here and the rain drops - icing on the cake.

Agree with Egidio that the somewhat shallow dof works really well here. The important, sharp, part of the image is where the eye settles and so that was important to get that in good detail.

Maybe a bit tight on the sides - would like to see just a tad more breathing room. Very minor, but if you’ve cropped to get here, then there might be room in your original.

Lovely capture, beautiful color. Great post for the challenge.

Lon