Flying Lession

Redo 1

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

I am still working on dialing in white birds.
Storytelling

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Technical Details

Specific Feedback

Am I getting closer on the whites?

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

I’d say the youngster spreading its wings is the star here. The whites look okay to my eye. I’d wish for the third bird not to be hidden.

The whites are looking pretty good, Steve, and I like the composition. Unlike Allen, I kind of like the hidden youngster. It took me a while looking at this to figure out what was going on with the adult until I spotted the youngster’s beak sticking out.

For fun I cloned out 3rd bird
Thanks Guys

Good job removing that youngster. I don’t think I would have attempted it.

Hi Steve
I would leave the third Egret in. It is always easy to pick out your photographs, they have a sheen that most other bird photographs lack. (what software do you use, or is it the Panasonic camera that produces this look?) Anyway nice work.
Peter

Thanks Guys
@peter I use Luminx and DXO
Steve

@peter
The editing software is Luminar Neo, not Luminx. I do not know where that came from.
I am curious about what you mean by sheen.
Steve

Hi Steve
Your photographs are more vibrant than I would expect to in nature.
Peter