Foggy frosty morning

Polar night when the sun stays below the horizon. Freeze -24 degrees Celsius

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

1 Like

Looks like some of our landscapes by Lake Superior or Michigan. The temps, too, sometimes. The mist off the water is enchanting and the light beautiful. It brings up the texture in the snow perfectly. The foreground tree dominates so totally - what kind of statement were you trying to make with that?

This looks and sounds terribly cold, Jorma. There is a lot to like in this winter wonderland starting with the fleeting mist over the water and continuing with the gorgeous light. Did you happen to capture any images of just the small island along with the mist and light. I ask because the tree on the right; although quite lovely; kind of dominates the scene. Just my opinion of course. Looking forward to seeing what else you came away with.

A gorgeous scene, but for me the interest lies beyond the FG tree. Maybe if you were farther away with more telephoto so it was more to scale with the BG and with more of it included?? But I realize that may not have been possible, or may not have looked good if it was possible.

Composition aside, the view across the water and the early morning colors and tonalities are beyond gorgeous!!

It is a captivating scene. The more I look at it, the more I feel “into the picture”. Beautiful!

1 Like